Friday, June 9, 2023

The Flower Challenge #81 and SSS June Flickr Challenge #212

The Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge for June is Stencil It--use stencils on 
your project. I chose Poppy Field Stencils and went with red as the color choice
for the blooms.
 

 After stenciling the poppies, I die cut the piece with an arch shaped die and adhered it
to a light gray card base. I added a strip of dotted paper on the bottom and the
sentiment was cut from black card stock. Black enamel dots finished off the card.
 
 
 
While the poppy isn't a favorite flower, per se, I have fond memories of an elderly
neighbor who would pass out a Buddy Poppy at a local shopping center on Veteran's Day.
I would donate a few dollars and sometimes score TWO poppies and attached them 
to my purse straps.


Sadly during the pandemic, Buddy Poppies were no longer passed out and the 
neighbor has since passed away. But he always comes to mind whenever I see the red
poppy and I recall how lucky I was to have a Buddy Poppy. Or two.

Thanks for stopping by!

* * * * *


Edited to add: My poppies were chosen as Honorable Mention for June!
Thank you, The Flower Challenge!


3 comments:

  1. Oh, Donna. Such a lovely card, and precious story. Thank you for sharing both with all of us! and planting your Poppies in The Flower Challenge!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful poppies, Donna! Perfect shading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow such a stunning creation here Donna! thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete