Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Color Hues #28 -- Red and Kraft

I'm a newbie at playing along with Color Hues Challenge. I consider myself color challenged 
and usually take forever to come up with a design after given the color choices.
I can't think fast enough.
 
 
Challenge #28 with RED and KRAFT seemed simple enough and I had an idea in mind
for the design. And how fun is that gif?


Ironically, I used stamps and dies from two companies that are no longer in
business, and I consider myself lucky to own their products.


Neat and Tangled 's Warm Winter Scene Cover Plate has always been a
favorite and those little trees won me over years ago. I cut the plate from 
a scrap of alcohol inked paper. 


The trees were cut from white card stock and I adhered all the pieces to a
mini slimline kraft panel. The perfect Paper Smooches sentiment was white 
embossed and I added some "snow" with Nuvo Drops and a white gel pen.
 
 Thanks for stopping by! I hope you're off to a good week!


12 comments:

  1. So great to see your beautiful card in the Color Hues gallery, Donna! Such a sweet and beautiful card! I love those images. Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, I have to say I am so happy to see you found our challenge! As for your slimline card...It is terrific! I love the simple design and how each house is just a we bit different to the one next door! The trees and snowflakes were just the right touch! Thanks for embracing our color challenge when it isn't your thing and jumping in and joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna, We are delighted to have your card and inspiration at Color Hues! Your card doesn't give any evidence that you find color challenges difficult - just the opposite! The inked paper make this fun and so colorful. Love your fabulous design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much fun to see this delightful card in the gallery! I love those die cut houses, and your sentiment is just perfect! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy you joined us at Color Hues with this gorgeous Christmas scene! I agree, these are both companies that are missed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna, your card is beautiful! The vivid colors you chose to contrast with the white and craft colors bring the whole card to life. It’s amazing and I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cool colour combo. Love your design

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are the cutest little red houses, Donna! The white sentiment and accents are perfect with them. This is a delightful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those houses are so fun!! I LOVE the white accents on the kraft. Great design!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Donna I can`t even begin to tell you how excited I was to see that you joined us at the Color Hues! Just like all of your designs this is stunning. Thank you so much for sharing whit us at the Color Hues and I miss you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute and delightful, Donna! Love that the AI houses have different shades of red. The style of the sentiment font is perfect for the card!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete