Monday, October 28, 2019

Merry Christmas Gnome


When I saw Simon Says Stamp's new Gnome die, I just had to get it. He was 
on "reserve" until the end of the month and I really didn't mind waiting. But I was 
so happy (I may have squealed) that I didn't have to wait till then, because he
just arrived in my mailbox a few days ago. Yay!



A kraft panel was embossed with a woodgrain pattern and adhered to an olive
card base. The Gnome pieces were cut from white card stock and inked with 
Distress inks. His beard was "feathered" with Copic markers, then I assembled 
him on the shaped background piece. I just loved seeing him "come to life."


I adhered him to the woodgrain panel and added the white embossed sentiment
and some greenery finished off the card.

It was so much fun constructing the gnome--almost like playing with paper dolls.
I turned him into a Christmas gnome, but he's versatile enough to be used for
any occasion just by changing up the outfit colors.



I'm hoping that by Simon Says Stamp's Die-cember, there will be even more
gnomes, maybe in different shapes and sizes. I'll be wishin' and hopin' til' then.

4 comments:

  1. OMG! I have never had any interest in the many gnome products on the market until just now. When I saw your card all the sudden I have love for this gnome. I know it is what you did with it. I love your coloring especially the beard. Absolutely great card, Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna... you gnome I'm going to HAVE to have this, right? OMG your little guy is just the cutest! and I LOve that woodgrain ef… where has that been hiding??
    It's nearly time to bring out the wool and spools for this year's Christmas Gnome in the Home! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Gnomes are so cute, Donna! Your coloring is just fabulous, especially the beard. Love the woodgrain embossed background and your choice (olive) for the card base!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete