Monday, September 11, 2017

MFT September Release Replay



It's time for My Favorite Things September Release Replay when the 
Creative Team shares more inspiration and ideas with the latest release.

Here's my project using the Pop Up Alphabet Die-namics.


Before cutting the alphabet apart, I had a "Kelly Griglione" moment and thought about 
using the dies while they were still intact. After die cutting the entire alphabet (plus
the ampersand) from watercolor card stock, I flipped it over and taped down each
row because I knew I was going to ink distress over the letters.

I inked up watermelon colors using Distress inks, then spattered some water over it.
I cut out the "HI" from black card stock and adhered it over the letters on the
inked panel and used the Misti to stamp the second part of the sentiment.
Black Nuvo drops finished off the card as watermelon seeds.

Visit today's Release Replay post for more inspiration from participating
team members. Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. LOve your 'melon-ized' card, and alpha design, Donna! So juicy-licious!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your perfect ink-distressing and spatters make the watermelon look so yummy, Donna! Such a clever use of the pop up alphabet dies, and great design. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever idea, Donna! I love the watermelon colors with these alphas...such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete