Thursday, October 4, 2012

Water stamping


Holiday cardmaking is in full swing over at Hero Arts, and it happens to be
this month's challenge theme.

Tami shared water stamping on the Hero Arts blog and I wanted to try it out since my Distress inks are almost always on my craft table.


White cardstock was inked distressed with a variety of Distress inks. I misted the Snowflake background stamp with water then stamped the distressed piece. I love the ghostly effect which is so different from clear embossing.

It helps to have your heat tool nearby as heating the water stamped images brings out the "whiteness", and it helps dry your surface before you sprinkle on the embossing  powder.


The "celebrate" sentiment is from a discontinued Hero Arts set, embossed with white detail powder. I rounded off one corner, added a few pearls and some ribbon 
and my first holiday card is done.





I'll also be entering this in A Blog Named Hero's current challenge to use white cardstock and no patterned papers on your card.

If you'd like to try water stamping, go here for instructions and full details on a fun technique.







SUPPLIES:

23 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to go check this out because your card is GORGEOUS! WOW! I have only a couple distress inks, ones I purchased thinking I really should learn more about them. :) Well, here I am with the same two and no activity. Thanks for the inspiration to dig them out and try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH So PRETTY....I wanted to try this too and your card is Gorgeous D!! xoxoxo Love it.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love using this technique - it always leaves the coolest results. Your card is gorgeous, Donna! Love the wonderful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Donna! I was just watching a video on this technique yesterday - it's on my list of things I've got to try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the softness of the snowflakes on your pretty background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a gorgeous card and I definitely want to try this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Donna! I've never tried this technique! Almost looks like batik. Too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card, Donna. I've never tried water stamping so I'm off to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOWZERS, Donna, I love how this turned out - you got beautiful results with your water stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Donna, your card is absolutely fantastic! I have never heard of this technique but I am going to try it out because yours turned our perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous is the word!! Love the colors, too..... one down, xx more to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! This is gorgeous. Love the colors and design placement. I'm going to run upstairs and start making some cards using this technique. Thank you for giving my brain an electrical charge of creativity. I needed the boost.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OHHHHH! I def. need to check out this water stamping! BEAUTIFUL card--LOVE that green/aqua color with that beautiful ribbon! FAB holiday card:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a stunning card Donna. Love how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is simply gorgeous! I love all those colours together and thanks for the details of the technique.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Striking!! The colors are absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow this is a gorgeous card Donna, I love the effect you have created with your distress inks. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at ABNH.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card. love the effect of this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  19. gorgeous!!! gorgeous!!! wow!! it totally caught my eye at the a blog named hero challenge! wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Donna this is so fabulous, its practically crazy!! I love it--every bit of it!

    Thank you for joining us at A Blog Name Hero!

    Linda :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. have to try this!!!! beautiful effect and a gorgeous card, Donna!! thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This card is just perfect! Love the colors you used, and the water stamping gives such an amazing effect! Gorgeous! Thanks for playing along at A Blog named Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  23. An awesome card Donna. What a great technique!

    ReplyDelete