Friday, January 11, 2019

a2z Scrapbooking Guest Designer--Anything Goes


Cindy from a2z Scrapbooking invited me to guest design for their Monthly Challenge.
This month's theme is "Anything Goes" using Hero Arts products.


I was happy to accept and I knew exactly which stamp set I would use--Polar Greetings.
I didn't get to use it during Christmas so today I'm sharing a non traditional Valentine card.




I wanted to create an Aurora Borealis display to ensure that the bear would stand out.
I ended up using about a dozen inks for ink distressing and flicked some white paint 
over it for a starry sky. I tore some lightweight card stock for the snowy ground, 
and finished off the card with the white embossed sentiment and three glittery stars.
A bit of shadowing from a Copic marker helped to ground the bear.




a2z Scrapbooking is a premier Hero Arts retailer. Their Etsy store carries an extensive
array of Hero Arts products, and they'll fill special orders, too. The company, which is run by
 volunteers, was founded in 2007 in an effort to raise funds for Celiac and Behcets awareness.

Click here for info on the Challenge rules and details on prizes, too.
Thanks to Cindy and the a2z Scrapbooking team for the GD invitation and 
reminding me to play with my Hero Arts goodies!

11 comments:

  1. That is an awesome Aurora Borealis, I love it!! Thanks for Guest Designing for us at a2z! This card is going onto my To CASE list right away!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the card. The so vibrant and alive. Such fantastic creativity. sky is

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining us at a2z Scrapbooking! That is one great looking card. What a background! It's nice to see stamps used in different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have knocked your Aurora Borealis OUT of the PARK! Absolutely scrumptious!!! Thanks so much for being the guest designer at a2z!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome background! You knocked it out of the park!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful, Donna! I love those background colors. I love the idea for a "non-traditional" valentine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a gorgeous Aurora background you created, Donna! The colors and the effect of the distress ink are simply stunning! And I can tell you used many colors. The bear, the snowy ground, and the heat-embossed sentiment look beautifully white, contrasting the gorgeous background! Congrats on the GD spot at a2z!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're so lucky to have you guest design for us at a2z Donna and your card is simply gorgeous with that amazing background and I love the idea of that torn piece of paper for the snow, simple but so effective!. Thanks for sharing your talent with us! Hugs, Gwendolyn

    ReplyDelete