Wednesday, June 6, 2018

MFT June Just Add Color



This month, like I almost always do, I colored the Pure Innocence Beach Cutie
first and I was pretty proud with how her ombré outfit turned out.


But it was the Toucan Do It set that I enjoyed coloring the most. By no means am
I a coloring expert. I don't pay much attention to where the light source is coming
from or where the shadows should fall. I just enjoy coloring (most of the time!)
and if an image looks "flat" after I've colored it, I add more shading or highlight
with a white pigment pen.


I don't have the exact Copic marker colors that I used, but I can tell you
that the dark toucan was colored with C markers and the other birds were
colored with an assortment of B's and BG markers. I used a white Gelly Roll
pen on most of them for added highlights.



I added a bit of color around their pupils and a dot of highlight from a white
Gelly Roll pen which gives them a lot of character.

Visit today's post at My Favorite Things and check out the coloring skills of the
rest of the Creative Team, and be inspired!