Friday, December 17, 2010

Merry Christmas--Part 2

Happy Aloha Friday! Just wanted to share a few more Christmas cards using some "oldies but goodies" stamps that I brought out of hibernation.


After I bought Hero Arts' Classic Fabric Design stamp, I thought it looked so familiar.

There's a slight resemblance to Purple Onion Design's Vintage Damask background stamp--you think? I love them both.


I also dug up Hero Arts' Antique Flower Background and inked it up with the same colors, changed the ribbon and rose, and added some leaves.


And I did it again. Yep, sometimes it's good to give your old stamps some love...

Thanks, always, for visiting! Whatever you're doing, have a great weekend!

Stamps: Purple Onion Designs, Hero Arts
Cardstock: Gina K ivory
Ink: Hero Arts shadow ink, Tim Holtz Distress ink
Other: Nestabilities, paper roses, leaf punch, pearls, hand dyed seam binding

20 comments:

  1. Donna your cards are so elegant. Each variation is beautiful. Thank you for sharing your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very lovely, Donna, all of them......when you have a great design like this, it shines no matter how you cahnge it up! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all three, Donna! Such elegance! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the very clean, and elegant lines on all of these, perfect! And you know, those tiny little roses always makes me giddy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow these are all so pretty! Gorgeous colours and love the simplicty!

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make me want to buy this stamp now! Thanks for showing it to us in a different way. Sometime I can't get past the packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All three cards are beautiful! Love the soft whites and little bit of color added with the embellishments. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simple and elegant! Wait, not so simple with your beautiful stitching--something I'm still scared to try, lol. Beautiful cards Donna! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's funny you say that about the old stamps because I was just looking through some of mine last night for a scrapbook LO I was making. :) Your cards are beautiful! Whoever receives them will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE LOVE them all...you've got that magic touch! What a beautiful range of colors with the same stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so perfectly elegant. Love the die cut piece. Such a pretty design. Colour really helps with the wonderful soft look to these Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Cards...So Elegant and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All of your cards are so elegant and lovely, Donna. I love your style . . . so classy. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeousness! so very pretty and elegant, Donna! love love them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous gorgeous card, Donna! So elegant and perfect in every way, LOVE them! You are right... sometime is good to give your old stamp some love, I'm trying to do that too! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so gorgeous, auntie Donna! Thank you for following my blog!
    Have a very happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are soooooo ELEGANT! LOVE LOVE LOVE them! I think I'm gonna try something like this...I don't do much elegant??!! I have no idea why! :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. So very elegant and gorgeous!!!!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are beautiful!! Simple and elegant, you make the bestest cards!

    ReplyDelete