Friday, November 5, 2010

Ice Beary Greetings

Whiff of Joy came out with their Christmas images and I couldn't resist this adorable little bear. I colored him with Copics and added a bit of sparkle on the snow with some Crystal Stickles.

I love the Pendant Nestabilities die, ever since I saw my friend Sue use it here to create her stunning Christmas ornament. Then I saw Teri's card here and that's when I knew I had to get it.


What I didn't love was how the die wouldn't release the piece once it was cut. I kept wishing there was some type of Teflon spray that would just pop the piece out.

I finally solved the problem by putting a piece of waxed paper between the die and cardstock.


I also used a barbecue stick to poke out all the smaller pieces before sliding the stick under the die to help loosen the piece. Using a good quality cardstock helps, along with saying a little prayer.



If you've used them before, I'd love to hear your "sticky" solutions for getting your pieces out of your pendant dies.

Thanks for stopping by today! Whatever you do, I hope you have a fun weekend!

Stamps: Whiff of Joy
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink
Ink: Memento
Other: Copics, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Nestabilities dies, Stickles, pop dots, waxed paper

19 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable! Love how you added so much interest to the white space with so much texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an enchanting little card Donna, love all that white and your beautiful colouring! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card! Love the white on white and the beautiful coloring on your adorable polar bear. I remember us exchanging emails about that sticky situation and you having the aha moment to help out the situation with the wax paper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea, Donna! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the white on white and your beautifully colored image! Such a sweet card, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is cute, and lots more cute! Well worth the effort, Donna! (Your struggle with the nestie)
    So delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna,
    This is such a Darling, Adorable, Cute card!!! Love the softness of it & the cutee bear.
    Hugs,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Donna! Love the image against the white... so adorable! Thanks for the tip of using wax paper! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. great...another die on my wish list!!!!
    LOVE this ADORABLE card!!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Donna, so happy you're back crafting a little more often now! Love all the wintery white, beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute card Donna, the background is stunning, so much texture, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, the cute little bear looks like he is in a winter wonderland! Love the white background with the embossing and the die cut...what a good idea to use wax paper, too! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. super cute Donna.... and I too struggle with this die.... thanks for the tip about waxed paper - will try that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card, such a cute image and about the die, I had that happen recently too. When I used it for the first time, the white paper stuck inside, I was too lazy to clean it out....then, when I went to use it a 2nd time, I guess the force from the press made all the little pieces fall out with no effort? So maybe that will work on yours? But I don't think it should stick after several uses, only when it's very new, just guessing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. awww.... fabulous white on white design and your coloring is amazing as always! love love love this beautiful card, girl! have to give the wax paper idea a try!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful, Donna! Love your coloring and all the yummy gorgeous texture, you ROCK!!

    Hope you are having a fabulous weekend! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a beautiful die! and cute how you backed your image with it!
    funny seeing that bamboo skewer as a craft tool. hubby asked me to go get him one from the kitchen this weekend as he was 'unclogging' our shredder. (his weekend chore)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, Donna! Adorable card! Love your tips on using the Pendant Die, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete