Thursday, July 15, 2021

The Flower Challenge #58

 
I'm joining The Flower Challenge #58 because the Coneflower Dies from Honeybee Stamps
arrived and I was anxious to put a flower together. 
 

The theme for the challenge is Add Spots or Stripes and I chose stripes so I could use
some patterned paper from a discontinued MFT pad.


Truthfully, I've never heard of a coneflower but thanks to Google and a few samples 
from the Honeybee DT and others on IG, I colored and assembled a bloom.
 
 
I fashioned a stem, because the die set doesn't come with one, and adhered the bloom
and leaves on a striped panel. I stamped the sentiment, then adhered the panel to a 
mini slimline card base.

I think I'll have to construct a few more coneflowers because mine reminds me 
of a droopy daisy. Thanks for stopping by today!

* * *

Edited to add: Honored that my card was chosen as a Top Pick.
 

Thank you to The Flower Challenge DT!


7 comments:

  1. I LOVE this coneflower die!! Your card is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Donna! Your cards never fail to please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous! I have admired this die around blogland, Donna - you may have tipped the scale on whether I NEED it! Lovely wide stripes, too - so glad you've come to play, my friend!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely card, Donna! Your "droopy daisy" looks fabulous against that striped background!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cornflower/droopy daisy is so pretty, Donna! Your amazing ink-blending brings life to the flower! Wonderful choice of the background striped panel!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that Coneflower die (I had to buy it) and one thing about it is you can make it any color you want. Your bright pink is gorgeous against the soft striped, Virginia, and I love you added a stem. Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Flower Challenge.

    ReplyDelete