Thursday, November 26, 2015

MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge 256

I'm popping in to share a card for MFT's Wednesday Sketch Challenge 256
because......feathers. Here's the sketch.
 
 


And here's my take on it. Yep, I went uber literal with MFT's feather dies.
Originally, I had five colored feathers but decided at the last minute to use
Grout Gray card stock for two of the feathers for a bit of interest.


I started off scribbling some Peerless Watercolors on watercolor card stock
and die cut the feathers after the card was dry. I spattered some white ink
over the feathers and let them dry a second time.

A Grout Gray panel was cut from Blueprints 24, and I adhered all of the
feathers and popped up the label sentiment. The panel was then adhered
to a black card base, and finished off with a few enamel dots.

Visit the MFT Card Challenges blog for all the details on how you can win
up to a $20 Gift Voucher to the MFT Store.

I'd like to wish those who celebrate the holiday, a very Happy Thanksgiving!
I'm super thankful for your blog visits, sweet comments and emails ♥

 

7 comments:

  1. Hi Donna!
    A lot of work for a CAS card, but so worth it! Beautiful card!
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh I love how your brain works, Donna! Just fabulous!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous, and in awe of you keeping two of the feathers grey - brilliant effect ;-0

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your feathers are really beautiful, Donna! I love the effect of your white spattering, and how you "tucked in" the enamel dots...Love the color combo, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and for your much appreciated comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...