Thursday, April 9, 2015

CAS(E) this Sketch 118


Here's CAS(E) this Sketch 118 brought to you by Chrissy.


And here's my take on it.


I tattered up a doily with Cracked Pistachio Distress Ink and gold embossing powder.
The hybrid sentiment is from the Shimelle collection and Hero Arts and
I did some wonky layering with Studio Calico patterned papers, 
faux gold stitching and a few peach colored sequins.


And thanks to all the layering, I'm entering Virginia's View Challenge #14
which is all about LAYERS and DIMENSION.

Visit CAS(E) this Sketch to see how the rest of the design team interpreted the sketch
and join us if you can. Link up your card(s) by Thursday, April 16th
and you could be our next guest designer!

Thanks for stopping by today.
  

15 comments:

  1. This is just darling, Donna... a cookie and cup of tea would be welcomed to join the party here!
    =] M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your beautiful inked and embossed doily, Donna! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a glorious take and genius idea Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the splashes of gold! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really gorgeous, Donna! I love how you blended those pretty colors for your doily and your sentiment is fabulous! Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cool, Donna! Love that the doily takes a central role in your card. The faux stitching looks very convincing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, Donna, and wonderful wonkiness ;oP

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Donna. For some reason your blog isn't coming up on my list so I'm going to subscribe by email so I won't miss anymore goodnes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously, have you ever made a card you didn't like? Don't think so. This one is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Donna, your 'tattered' up doily is gorgeous...and that's coming from someone who is an 'on again/off again' fan of doilies! The colours, the gold...utterly marvelous!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card so much! I shared it on my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/bitsandpiecespaperlab Hope that's ok!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is DROOL-worthy!! I can't love this more, Donna! Love your play with colors, doily...and play of dimensions and layers! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “Layers and Dimensions” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Must admit, I didn't recognize this as a Donna creation, although the wonderful use of color should have tipped me off! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete