Thursday, January 1, 2015

FUSION Card Challenge One Year Anniversary Celebration


Have you heard the news? FUSION Card Challenge is celebrating their One Year Anniversary!
Sweet and talented Kimberly Wiener invited me to be her guest and I was thrilled to accept.

If you're not familiar with FUSION, use either the photo or the sketch, 
or both, to create your card. Here's the challenge graphic:

Feeling super inspired by the photo, I created TWO cards for the challenge.
Here's my first.


I used one stamp set--WPlus9's Twenty Fifteen and created a New Year's card.
The sentiment was white embossed on watercolor paper and I dabbed several colors
of distress inks over it for the resist effect.

The small and medium sized triangle images were stamped in gold ink once,
and gold embossed a second time to resemble banners.
I finished off the card with gold spatters of ink and a few sequins.
 

For my second card, I was inspired by the chalkboard in the background.
I used the same WPlus9 stamp and created a chalkboard flag.
The banners were created with a Reverse Confetti die, cut from
watercolored paper and metallic cardstock.


Visit FUSION Card Challenge for all the details and deadline, and to see
how the rest of the design team and their guests were inspired,
and join the challenge if you can. Also, visit Kimberly's blog to see her card.
I'm sure she rocked the challenge as she always does.

Thanks, Kimberly, for the honor of guesting with you--I had a blast!

27 comments:

  1. Donna, you knocked this out of the park!!! So thrilled to have you as my very SPECIAL Anniversary guest designer on FUSION!!! Your watercolor is divine!!!!! And your chalkboard is to wonderfully colorful too!!! You are really bringing it so I may have to create again as you have inspired me so!!!!!!! Hope your Bew Year is the very best!!! Thanks for joining me and FUSION - it means so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant New Year!!!! Lol, I think this phone likes to change my words for the fun of it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, Donna! I can totally tell how inspired you were by the photo! Happy New Year to you! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really beautiful cards, Donna... #1 is #1 for me!
    =] MIchele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous New Year's cards, Donna! I can't decide which one I love more....Congrats on the guest design! Wish you and family a happy and healthy 2015! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year, Donna! Absolutely love anything you do with watercolors and watercolor paper. Lovely cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both of your New Year's designs Donna! love the pink white and gold colors and the watercoloring on the first! thanks so much for joining us in the Fusion Challenge as Kimberly's guest DT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Donna! These are just awesome! Love the way you interpreted the photo! Thank you for joining us at FUSION for our One Year!
    Hugs my friend,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Donna, I really loved seeing your card in the Fusion Challenge!!! It's so fun, so pretty, and SO YOU!! A sincere Happy New Year to you, my friend : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are beautiful :) I love the gold and pink banners, so glad to see you join in the celebration with us at Fusion

    ReplyDelete
  11. A big wahooooo that you're Kimberly's guestie for the Fusion Celebration! We're super lucky to have you joining us AND we get not one but TWO gorgeous cards! LOVE them BOTH!
    Happy New Year Donna, I simply ate way tooooo much at lunch today...ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards! I love your fun style.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You surely were inspired by the challenge! I really love your embossed banners and how you played with the colors and chalkboard background from the photo! Awesome cards, Donna! So happy that you joined in the anniversary challenge as a Guestie, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cards and Happy new Year too
    Pitchoune
    http://scrapitchoune57.canalblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two perfect cards to welcome in the New Year! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love these two beautiful cards, Donna! Your take on this Fusion is pure delight; LOVE that pink!!! And Fusion picked the best GD for this challenge! Happy New Year. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG these are so gorgeous!! Love the gold and pink combination and your take from the inspiration photo/sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aaaargh, these are truly fabulous, Donna! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love these both, great banners and gold touches

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy New Year! Gorgeous cards! Congrats on being a Guest!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful Donna - great colors and composition!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Both so very beautiful Donna, I just love your style! Happy New Year to you and your family. Wishing you the very best in 2015! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Both cards are super amazing! I love them! The WPlus9 banners are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous cards... Perfect for New Years D!

    ReplyDelete