Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Holiday Coffee Lovers Blog Hop


Leave it to java lovin' Amy Tsuruta to come up with a holiday sequel to the
 Coffee Lovers Blog Hop. This time, she's rounded up a TON of sponsors 
with fabulous prizes for participants.

Please start at Amy's blog for all the details, list of sponsors and prizes.
And check out the 175+ coffee related cards and projects, too! Lots of caffeine awesomeness!


Truthfully, I'm not a hot coffee drinker. Iced coffee is my passion. But I do love coffee mugs!
Collecting them and using them for special guests on very special occasions.

Have you seen the new Dot Collection from Starbucks®?
If you peruse the collection, I'm sure you can spot which mug inspired my card.
(Hint: I'm currently crazy about handwritten, brush stroke sentiments)


I used some Studio Calico papers and the Sizzix tall mug die to create the card.
The green dot is an homage to the Starbucks® collection, and the
sentiment is also from a Studio Calico stamp set.
Oh, and this card can hold a Starbucks® gift card very nicely!

I'd like to leave you with a tried and true cold brew recipe for a coffee concentrate
that we use to make iced coffee year round in our household.

* * * 

                                                    HAZELNUT ICED COFFEE
(Halved recipe courtesy of The Pioneer Woman, adapted from Imbibe magazine)
 
8 ozs. ground Hazelnut coffee
One gallon of cold water

  • In a large container, pour in the coffee and add water. Mix well and cover. Let steep for 8 hours or more. 
  • After 8 hours, pour the mixture through a fine sieve lined with a coffee filter, paper towels, or several layers of cheesecloth. Refrigerate until well chilled. 
  • When ready to serve, fill a glass with ice cubes. Fill about 1/2 the glass with the coffee concentrate. Fill the rest of the glass with milk (soy, 2%,1%, whole, or half and half) and add a tablespoon of simple syrup or sugar. Stir well and taste, adjusting to desired sweetness.
  • Insert (optional) straw and enjoy!

Coffee concentrate will yield 10 to 12 glasses of iced coffee and keep for two weeks, refrigerated. In our house, it lasts for a few days.


Link up your coffee creation by Friday, December 12th to win a sponsored prize,
or leave comments along the way to be eligible for other prizes.
The linky sign up and all the details can be found here on Amy's blog.

Happy Hopping!

58 comments:

  1. Oh my...I love it...Love the cup shape, the sentiment and the month paper...The star is the perfect addition. I don't care for hazlenut-but it does look yummy. Oh boy, I think I need to go to bed now because I have the "Happy" scrolling through my mind. Thanks ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna I love your coffee cup shaped card and your iced coffee recipe too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect card for Amy's hop! The mug is fantastic-and finished off nicely with that green happy dot. Love this, Donna! And I'll definitely be trying your coffee recipe too; looks delicious! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. super fun coffee card!! CUTE!! love the shaped card and great recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Donna! love the mug shape and that background text is super! The hazelnut coffee sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the great iced coffee recipe. I also love iced coffee! I use a Toddy maker for mine. Great job on the shaped card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving the handwriting scripty fonts, too! This is such a Perk-Me-Up card!, Donna! Thanks for sharing the recipe! I must remember this recipe when summer comes :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. FAB, lovin this MUCH, the star, so special!!! ........I have some blog candy on my blog !! WPLUS9....More fresh cuts Stamp Set

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card and I love shaped cards. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your card, Donna! The script background and that big dot are very eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun card, Donna! I love that it's shaped like a cup and the scripty font is fab! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. fun card, and thank you for the yummy recipe

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute card! thanks for the great recipe as well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I super duper ♡ this and I totally knew how you were inspired!
    Yay for an iced coffee drink recipe :)
    Thanks for linking up to the Holiday Coffee Lovers Blog Hop♡

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE this so much!!! Thank you for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is fantastically urban and hip! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very fun card!! And thanks for the recipe Donna, it sounds delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the font background on that cup! Such a fun shaped card to hold a gift card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE this, Donna!!! And what a YUMMY recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the paper you chose for the mug, great card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well done, awesome take on the challenge and SB inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a perfect card!So glad you hopped along! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the print on the cup!! The green Happy just pops off it! Thanks for the recipe...love Hazelnuts!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That graphic word print is SO cool! And mmmmm iced coffee is my fav - thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very unique shape of the card and I'm crazy about the colors you've chosen!

    ReplyDelete
  26. love the shape too Donna and I love that handwriting too...i did nearly the same like yours I use the stamp to make my background of my card..clever IDEA dear Donna..I adore this...simple but adorable...thanks for the recipe too...

    I am joining this blog hop too and my card is number 199 would be happy if you could leave me some love too...hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fun coffee mug with great background ! ! Thanks for the recipe too!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the word background on the mug...and thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  29. love the paper you used...thank you for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  30. LOVE your card Donna....I LOVE those Brushstroke Papers...Must Find some or a stamp like that!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love your scripty shaped card and that recipe looks dee-lish! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great card! Thanks so much for the recipe! Hazelnut coffee is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Super fun shaped card Donna and love the paper! Tasty looking dring too!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Fabulous mug! The stamped background looks wonderful. Thanks for the recipe.
    Happy Holidays, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a fun card, Donna, love the word background on the cup shaped card! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  36. LOVE, LOVE your shaped card Donna! I could go an iced coffee about now :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Fun card! Thx for the recipe too. Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love the artsy mug. And that recipe sounds fabby.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thanks for sharing your CUTE card.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot
    dmcardmaker{at}{AOL}{dot}{COM}

    ReplyDelete
  40. ok, this is amazing!!! love the writing on the card base!!!!!! so cool!!!! and the shaped card ROCKS!!! love love love!!

    ReplyDelete