Monday, October 12, 2009

Home!

We arrived home this morning after a 6-1/2 hour, over the ocean, through the international date line return trip from Narita Airport. Everything went smoothly through customs and I showed the agent my declaration form with "Art Supplies" on it. Yep, my 27-inch, 43 lb. suitcase held about a dozen Copics and some Kokuyo tape and refills and I proudly declared them!

I actually screamed as we turned the corner at the Loft and there were the rows and rows of Copics--Sketch markers, Originals, and Ciaos. Felt badly that I scared a poor little old lady and politely shoved a teenager on the side just so I could marvel at the display. Then my daughter gave me a shopping basket and wished me well. I was in heaven.

Japan is the birthplace of Copics and Kokuyo tape, too. I watched a video on a new Kokuyo tape that you can stamp just a square of glue if you want to affix, say a postage stamp. Pretty cool. I'm sure it'll be making its way to the US very soon.

Oh, the food was great:


and the scenery was awesome and Tokyo Tower and the Rainbow Bridge are both marvelous structures.



But for me, getting my hands on those Copics was a definite highlight of the trip. I picked up twelve of my "most wanted" colors and my sweet hubby encouraged me to get more but I'm quite satisfied with what I got and managed to fill in more spaces on the Copics color chart (thank you, Maylee!)

We didn't get to see any changes in the colors of the foliage--our guide said October is too early--so we'll probably have to return to Japan in a few months to see that--and pick up more Copics!

Will post more pics after I get over this jetlag. It's good to be home.

22 comments:

  1. Whoo Hoo! Sounds like you had an awesome trip! Can't wait to see what you color with your new markers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay I'm so glad that you had a great time. I can't wait to see pics of everything!!! Including those Copics, then of course you will just have to make something with them as well ;D. Welcome home I've missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see you back safe and sound! Love the pics of the food! Can't wait to see more updates on your trip, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! Fun to see that the owl had a good time, too!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! Glad to hear you had a great time & found some Copics & Kokuyo too- can't wait to see more pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome home!!! Sounds like you had a heavenly time, especially when surrounded by copics! Can't wait to see and hear more about your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back Donna! So glad you had a fun and safe trip. ONLY TWELVE markers? O you have some will power my friend! : ) I think I would have filled half a suitcase!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back, Donna!! I missed you!! Yay, sounds like you had a awesome trip, so happy for you!!

    I'm very excited for you and the Copics, enjoy and have fun with them! Can't wait to see what you color with your new markers! Awesome photos, more please! :)

    Have a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW - sounds like you really had a great trip Donna.. These Copics sound like they were worth the trip for..CAn't wait to see what you colour

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome home! Nothing better than a vacation with craft shopping! Looking forward to seeing those Copics in action!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome home Donna!! I bet Owlice loved those sushi! So glad that you had a great time! I am going with you the next time!!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. welcome back donna! glad to see alice's owl made the trip & enjoyed some sushi too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad you had a Wonderful trip....Glad you got more copics too!!
    Rest up and then dig back in...miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad you had a wonderful time, Donna! Kudos on your new Copics, here's to happy coloring. How cute that your little stuffed owl joined you for sushi!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yipee Yay Donna or rather DDD,
    So happy you are home safe and sound with Copics in hand..lol. I stand by your hubby...buy more!! Now that's a good man!
    Can't wait to see more pics we missed you at the pool!
    Big Hugs,Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome Home Donna! So glad to hear you enjoyed your trip! Can't wait to see what you create with the new markers!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay, Donna, you are HOME! Thanks for stopping by at my blog to say hi :) I am so glad that you had a fabulous trip...those copic markers are just too good to pass, of course! And you showed such restrain from shopping! I'm amazed!! Hope you get all rest up soon as I want to see what you'll do with your new craft supplies and MORE pictures!
    PS: Mr. Owl is so lucky to tag along...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Welcome back!!! I admire your restraint with the Copics. So which ones did you get???

    ReplyDelete
  19. Welcome home - so glad you had fun. And so glad to have you back :)
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, I love to hear from your wonderful trip, Donna. Well, You got your favorite arts stuff, and wow definitely your bag is filled with arts stuff....is it really cheaper to get there...?
    Anyway, thanks to your comments and have been following up with my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  21. aww i miss Japan..miss everything about it...i bet you had an awesome time....love those copics

    ReplyDelete
  22. just gorgeous photos. And I laughed out loud reading about your craft shopping! how fun!

    ReplyDelete