Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Virginia's View Challenge #2--STENCILS


Virginia has done it again--chose a fun, trendy theme for her second challenge--STENCILS!


I'm entering these just under the wire. The first is a simple stenciled sunburst
from My Favorite Things, paired with the fun sentiment from Mama Elephant for
Studio Calico. And although you can't see it in the photo, I added a bit of glimmer
on the rays with a Wink of Stella pen.


My second card uses the stencil stamping with water technique.


I shared a pictorial on how to stamp a stencil with water here, and the awesome
Laura Bassen shared a video here. After the piece was dry, I gold embossed
the Winnie and Walter sentiment, and added a few gold stars.
You have a few more days to enter Virginia's challenge.
Go here to see the awesome gallery and link up your card(s).


12 comments:

  1. Both cards are simply delightful. Love the colours on your water stencilling. And love the big sentiment on the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great cards! love the sentiment on the first!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous use of stencils, Donna! Gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards look great! I was interested in the water with the stencil, so I watched the video via your link. Thanks for adding that! Now I think I'll try that myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both wonderful, Donna! I particularly love the green and blue, it's one of my favorite color combos, and the stenciling looks fantastic and the gold adds a fabulous extra touch to the card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous, Donna! Love the "sunny" sentiment and the gold embossing on your beautiful water colour card is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You already know that you rock the stencil challenge...these two are absolutely FABULOUS!! The gradient of the sun rays is oh. so. lovely! The inking on the 2nd one is eye-catching! Congrats on your MF World Stencil challenge win! Way to go, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your win at MFW! These two cards are awesome, especially the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards Donna, I really love the vivid colours of your second card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that stencil with that sentiment on the first card! And the second card just makes my knees weak!! :)

    ReplyDelete