Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I woof you!


This is probably the fastest card I've ever made. This little shih tzu is a digital freebie named Kiki, from Christy Croll of Tiddly Inks. I saw the digi on the Tiddly Inks blog yesterday, printed it out and colored it and finished the card by the evening. Isn't she a cutie?

I Googled "shih tzu" to see how to color one of these breeds. Originally, I was going to put a heart in her mouth, but in the end, I decided to leave her plain and just drew in some grass. I followed Kim's great grass tutorial here.


After coloring her lightly with Copics, I used a white pigment pen to draw in her fur. Here's a shot of the Copics that I used:


I wasn't sure what sentiment to use with Kiki, and my daughter--a teacher--suggested "I woof you" and I liked it! The dotty background was a piece that was waiting in my scrap bag, so all I did was die cut the back piece and the card was done.

Visit the Tiddly Inks store for more great images from Christy. And stay tuned because she'll be adding more images for release on January 11th!

Stamps: Tiddly Inks digital stamp, Hero Arts Dot Background
Ink: Tea Dye Distress ink, Versamark
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink
Other: Copics, Nestabilities, Signo white pigment pen, clear embossing powder, twine, pop dots
Sentiment is computer generated

32 comments:

  1. She is just an adorable image! And WOW! Perfect coloring, Donna! Love this cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, Donna! Thanks for the link......this would make a sweet image for Liam :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaawwweee....looks like my dog Freja when she was a poppy - love it Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna - this is just awesome. I have a friend with a Shih Tzu so I will be casing this card....thanks for the inspiration,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cutie! I saw this image yesterday and didn't snag it. Think I will have to go back and get it. I love what you did with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous, Donna! I love that sweet little dog (I'm a sucker for any and all dogs)and the sentiment is perfect, kudos to your daughter. You make it look so easy (but I know it's not). Thanks for sharing this delightful card....
    bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awe what a sweet & cute card Donna :). Reminds me of Beau our neighbour's dog xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Donna - I just discovered your blog and I *love* your creations! Your little shih tzu card is absolutely darling :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute. I've been following your blog and I really love all your work. Thank you for including the Copics you used.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm woofin' your sentiment and really woofin' your Shih Tzu too! :) Hope you recovered from all the New Years festivities.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ADORABLE! Love the sweet puppy and your coloring is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah...sweet as pie!! I love fast cards and it looks sooo good Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow! amazing coloring on the shih tzu, Donna! so realistic and beautiful! love your sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Donna, I picked up this image too... isn't it adorable. LOVE what you created with it... stunning as always. Great sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Amazing how you did that dog hair and grass! Adorable card

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohhhhh super cute! My sister have a Shih-tzuh and Kiki looks just like him when he was a puppy! Fantastic coloring Donna! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness! This is the most awesomest coloring I have seen! you really made this dog look real! can you color one for me? lol! that is just fabulous! I love it! I know no matter how many times I try, it will never look like that! hope you have a great week and a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so darned cute! Perfect job of coloring, as usual!! I love visiting your blog; always yummy stuff to see!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMGosh, how did I miss this! He is super cute made even more so by your excellent card making skills! Love this sweet card, it's enough to make any day better!
    Have a great weekend Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aw... I love Kiki... my nick name is Kiki! :) Your coloring on her is amazing, you ROCK Donna! Love your super duper adorable card! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Donna, how wonderful: you've put my Mom-in-law's little dog Freddie on a card!!!! Adorable, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  22. great that you can consult w/ your daughter to help you with quirky sayings! i should try that w/ the boys! cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow great coloring on the dog and grass.

    ReplyDelete