Monday, December 1, 2014

Holiday Tags


I've been in tag mode lately. You too? I've seen them popping up everywhere
and I think they're super versatile. Stick them on a card or tie them on a gift.

On my first tag I used all products from My Favorite Things.
 

I love that polar bear, all snuggly in his sweater with a hot beverage in hand.
And the sweater stitch background stamp? A perfect match!

The second tag uses the Paper Smooches snowman (again!)
with a sentiment from Technique Tuesday.


See the background? It's an old technique that looks like embossing paste.
I ink distressed the top portion of the tag and used an embossing folder
that looks like falling snow. Then I used a sanding block and gently went over
the dots and "took away" the color. Embossing paste look without the mess!
 

Lastly, visit Tracey's blog to see if you're one of the winners of her
25 Days of Christmas Tags! My fingers are crossed for you...



25 comments:

  1. Cute tags! Thanks for sharing he technique.. Will try out soon.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tags! Thanks for the inspiration. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are super tags, Donna. That polar bear is adorable. Love the cheeks on both the bear and snowman. Thanks for sharing a different way to make snow background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both so cute, I especially like the sweater on the polar bear!! It really look warm and snuggle-able!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these fab creations, Donna... again wishing you lived next door! I'd borrow that sweater-stitched background stamp!!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable tags, Donna! Love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tags !
    Thanks for the inspiration !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Donna,
    Your tag is so kawai! Have seen your work over the years & excited to learn that we live on the same island! That is cool. I'm still in my pj's. It's a little cool today. Need to get moving on my Christmas doings.
    Aloha, chiyo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww these are so cute :) I love the sweet bear on ur first card

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love to create tags too and these are so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are just too cute Donna, I especially love that polar bear!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cutest tags ever....I super ADORE that bear, he makes me smile every time :) You know I love that little snow guy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Completely adorable, Donna - and your colouring is phenomenal ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooh LOVE both of these Donna! The texture on the polar bear's sweater is super and I adore that little PS snowman. I've used him more than once too :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my goodness...sweetest tags ever! I love how cozy that bears sweater looks...how did you do that....you coloring magician???

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just love to make tags ...these are sooooooo adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wonderful tags! I love that polar bear, and the texture of the snow/paste on the second is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love them so much!!! BOTH on my short list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are fantastic! adore the sweater background, and great tip with the embossing. Sometimes no mess is so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I don't know how I missed this post! Your tags are absolutely darling, Donna! Beautiful coloring and I love how you created an embossing paste look without the mess! So clever and so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. sigh! absolutely adore your tags, Donna! super duper cute!

    ReplyDelete