Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Halloween fun with Purple Onion Designs

My fellow Onions and I were asked to come up with some Halloween projects using Purple Onion Design stamps. Instead of my usual "go to" project, I actually came up with something other than a card. Yay, me!


I used the Caution Labels set and stamped them in Spiced Marmalade and Black Soot distress inks. I love the distressed look of the labels so you don't have to be concerned with a clear, crisp image. After cutting them out, I added some Halloween buttons for a bit of fun.


I filled some skinny cello bags with black and orange M&Ms, tied them off with some black and orange twine that I found here on Etsy (thanks for the heads up, Torico!) and tied the labels on. Done! I'm planning to assemble a bunch of these for my daughter's first graders for Halloween.

Visit Purple Onion Designs to see many more Halloween cards and projects from the rest of the design team. Trick or treat!

Stamps: Purple Onion Designs
Ink: Ranger distress inks
Other: Cellophane bags, twine, decorative buttons


* * *

For anyone interested, I'm happy to announce that our kitchen is 99% complete! 


Here's a "before" shot. All the cabinets and drawers were ripped out and several layers of flooring were removed.




Here's the finished project. The porcelain tile flooring still has to be waterproofed and some finishing touches done on the walls, but for the most part, it's functioning and we love it! Our workman will build an island and then it will be completely done. 

I'm so happy to be cooking again and not having to order take out anymore...


Thanks for visiting today! I'm fully recuperated and hope to share some cards and projects soon. Have a great week!

30 comments:

  1. Super sweet these treats are, loved them when I first saw them Donna...YAY! for a new kitchen, looks so fab! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Halloween treats!!! And your kitchen is looking great!!! :) Love the yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are too cute Donna! Love those tags! Your kitchen looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are feeling better Donna, love your halloween treats the children will love them. Your kitchen is fabulous have fun cooking up some treats!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your spooky tags Donna! And your kitchen looks wonderful... happy cooking x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you're feeling better, Donna! Your treat bags are so adorable! Love those labels and wow, does your kitchen ever look fabulous! Love it when everything is new! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Donna -
    Yummo on the treat bags, aren't they fun to do with those candy stick bags?
    And I do love the updo on your kitchen - this really came up so beautiful.... I bet you are so excited in that space now creating all those wonderful baking and cooking up those meals....

    ReplyDelete
  8. These treat containers are so fun! I love the tags. Yeah for your kitchen--it looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi donna, cute treats! i'm in love with your kitchen! so bright and welcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay you! Cute project- don't you just love those stick bags? Glad you are feeling better and happy that your kitchen is done! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your candy containers are adorable! Wow! The new kitchen is spectacular! I'm green with envy! Enjoy, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great new kitchen . . . know the feeling! I'm blessed with a new kitchen too - one of my dreams! Here's to home cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your spooky sweet Halloween treats Donna. I be right over to gobble up a few of those M&M's in your new kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow Donna - superb tubes and your new kitchen is amazing. Bet you are loving having the work nearly completed.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Donna!
    Wow! Love the new kitchen! I bet there will be lots of really ono home cooking soon.
    Love the tags you made and that is a great idea for the treats! I've been trying to figure out what to do for my co-workers this time around. Gr8 inspiration!
    Hope ur doing well! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how you color coordinated all the embellishments for your treats....so classy! Oh, your kitchen is gorgeous. I want one just like it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. your treats look awesome. And your kitchen looks awesome... when's the morning tea to christen it? Might be able to make it! ( I wish)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, so fun, Donna! Love these little treat tubes! What a hoot! I love your new kitchen, it is sooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. eeek! super cute treat idea, Donna! love it! so happy to hear that the kitchen is almost done. love your brand spanking new kitchen! congrats! =) big hugs & lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the candy sticks....umm make me want to eat some candy. Ohhh and your new kitchen is awesome. Mine needs to be renovated for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMGosh, you're back, how wonderful! Love your Halloween treats and your beautiful kitchen Donna! So glad you're doing well, welcome back, you were missed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG! Your kitchen looks fabulous Donna! Wow, can I come over for a meal? :) Glad you can now cook some hearty homemade meals . . . yes, beats eating out!

    Luv your treat bags too! Guess what? I'm making over 200 of them for my baby's 1st birthday! NUTSO!! That's ok, I'll be gettin' me some help from my aunties!

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW... this new kitchen looks awesome, Donna! Congrats, so happy for you! I'm so glad you are doing great, can't wait to see your card! Lots of hugs to you!

    Love your treat bags, so clever! I need to go get those bags and lift the idea for my daughters' Halloween party! Have a happy and beautiful weekend!! Lots of hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great treats Donna, and that stylish new kitchen looks fabulous! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats on your new kitchen, Donna!! You must feel like Julia Child now that it's finished :) I will send this post link to Karen P. I bet she would be most happy to see this!! Hers is just DONE!

    ReplyDelete
  26. oops! Forgot to comment your Halloween treat bags...it's simple SWEET-just like YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. SOOOOOOOOOOO cute!!! Love your Little Treats and your kitchen is just Gorgeous...So glad it is finished and you are cooking again!!! xoxoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  28. glad you are recovered and stamping again!

    the 1st graders will love what you've made! lucky class!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your kitchen looks amazing! I can't wait 'til I can renovate mine. Your tags are so cute. You're the best ambassador for POD!

    ReplyDelete