Saturday, July 9, 2011

Stamping Purple Onion Designs stamps

Hello there! I've had several inquiries as to how I stamp Purple Onion Designs unmounted stamps. I've been a long time POD customer, way before I was invited to be on their design team.



Purple Onion Designs stamps are made of deeply etched red rubber. Unmounted stamps are such a great bargain, and you can't beat storing a large amount of unmounted rubber vs. woodblock stamps.

Stamps used: Home Sweet Home





When I first bought noteblocks, I loved them so much that I ordered some custom size wood blocks to fit. Then when acrylic blocks became popular with cling stamps, I bought some cling foam and mounted the noteblocks on them.

Michele gives great directions here on the POD site on how to mount unmounted stamps. She also sells red mounting cushion if you happen to have your own wood.

I use a repositionable tape runner and run it on the back of the rubber, then stick it on an acrylic block. Because POD stamps are so deeply etched, you're able to get clean, crisp stamped images just by using a temporary adhesive.








All the images on these cards were stamped without any cushion or cling foam, and they stamped cleanly every single time.

Hope this post helps you understand how I stamp with unmounted rubber--and you can, too!

Stamps used: Bird Cage, 
Chick Sentiments

17 comments:

  1. What a delightfully cute card, love the pops of red! Thank you so much for sharing your tips and tricks to mount these stamps as well, I'm off to find some repositional adhesive (well, when the stores open anyway!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. as always Donna your cards are perfect

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable cards, Donna! Love the 2nd one especially - must have that cage to go along with the sweet bird!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello dear,

    But how do you store them now and secondly don't you need to clean the remains of the glue ? I hait those crumbs ;-\

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cards today, Donna! Love 'em both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are awesome Donna~
    Happy weekend.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your POD cards....so CUTE!! I still need to order some but Have so many things I am trying to use.....Great Post on how to use POD D.....Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such darned cute stamps and you do wonders with them! Glad to hear they are red rubber. I have other red rubber stamps and I, too, tape them to the block. Works well and no bulky stamps to store!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aren't you the most brilliant stamper or what!? I have NO POD stamps...now you've got me aching for them!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post Donna... these stamps looks so great to use. Like Virginia I don't own any POD stamps but you are making me think I better look at getting some

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute cards, Donna! I love the corrugated background on the welcome home card! It's great to see how you use these POD stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  12. will we see more instructional posts from you? videos maybe in the future? cute card! you make everything look great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. have i told you that i adore your style? =) fabulous card and such a informative post, Donna! i'll have to try the repositionable adhesive trick! thanks for sharing and for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the cards you make for POD! Gorgeous colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your super duper adorable cards, Donna! Love the way you use these washi tapes! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I use the adhesive on the runner too - works every time. Love what you create with Michele's wonderful stamps. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete