Monday, July 18, 2011

Let's Chill

Hello there! Did you have a good weekend? A lot of friends are heading off to CHA and I'm hoping to see more sneaky peeks of lots of new goodies and "must haves" while they're there, and after they return!


Here's a card that I made for the current theme at Hero Arts, which is Summertime & Parties. I used the Let's Chill stamp set (that I was searching for and finally found) together with Reverse Wonky Rectangles.


The little bird, coconut tree, and tropical drink were colored with Prismacolor pencils and Copics. Isn't he too cute? I used Glossy Accents on the bird's sunglasses and the coconuts, too. I tied a bit of twine on the bottom, added faux stitching around the edges, and the sentiment is an oldie from Hero Arts.

Hope you're off to a great week! Thanks, always, for stopping by!

Stamps: All Hero Arts
Cardstock: Paper Accents
Ink: Memento, Versafine
Other: Copics, Prismacolor pencils, Nestabilities, twine, dimensional adhesive

19 comments:

  1. Totally awesome Donna! I LOVE this card! The white highlights on the glass are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wonky shape is so perfect for this fun stamp set, Donna! Just love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute!! just love those sunglasses! perfect card as always Donna! Have a great week! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awe...what a chic card! love what you did...I see all the gloss and shine. hope you had a wonderful weekend! have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Donna, cute image luv those sunglasses....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Donna! Incredibly sweet and makes me hanker for a strawberry daiquiri...lol! I love the shape of the card. I really must track this die down. Hugz, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Donna! :) I think I need me a tropical drink for relaxation. Can you send one up my way? Luv your coloring with copics and prismacolor!

    ReplyDelete
  8. just gorgeous Donna. Love the cute scene

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an ADORABLE Card D...LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! The stamps are too cute and your coloring is fab! The Wonky Rectangles is perfect for the card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL! I love this scene...no wonder you were searching so hard for it, it's so summery fun! It looks amazing on the kraft background with the inking and stitches, you sure have a way with design dear Donna! Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. so fun and super cute! perfect summer card! love it, Donna! hope you are having a wonderful week! love ya! =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Donna, hope you've been well! This is just ADORABLE! That little guy is super cute and the whole thing just makes me smile :0) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw... what a fun and sweet card, Donna! I wish I can be that birdie just relax and enjoy the drink on this wonderful summer day, but my guests are going to arrived this Saturday... yikee!! I'm busy cleaning the house witch I don't know why, it's going to be super messy with 5 kids anyway... sigh!

    I hope you are having a beautiful summer, my friend! Miss ya, hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Donna, this is adorable! The whole scene just made me smile big! Great colouring and sponging on the edges.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the combination of Copics and pencils Donna. I certainly do "enjoy" this card!

    ReplyDelete