Monday, July 4, 2011

Hero Arts ATC swap

A few months ago, Heather Maria hosted a Hero Arts ATC (Artist Trading Card) swap and I thought it would be fun to join in. I was paired up with Janet (swanlady21) and we decided to both use Starburst Lace and any bird image.


Here's the ATC that I sent Janet. I stamped Starburst Lace in the corner and used Peeled Paint and Broken China to ink distress the background. I used the dove from Swirl Christmas because I wanted a bird in flight.

I added a few drops of Liquid Pearls and the sentiment is by Hero Arts, too.


It took FOREVER for my ATC to reach Janet! Did I mention that she lives in Mauritius? We were probably the "furthest apart ATC partners living on an island" in the swap! When I mailed the ATC, the postal clerk did a double take at the address and asked, "Where?" I said, "Mauritius. It's near Madagascar." And he said, "Ohhhhh......" and I'm sure he still didn't know!

Long story short, I received Janet's beautiful ATCs and she FINALLY received mine, a good 5 weeks later! Here they are:

ATCs created by Janet Ribet (swanlady21)

Aren't they gorgeous? I love how one depicts a sun, and the other, a moon. She also included some beautiful papers and die cuts. Thank you, Janet, and thanks for being so patient, too!

Despite the stress of wondering if my parcel got lost, it was a fun swap and I hope to participate in future swaps again. I just won't send them by surfboard anymore...

Hope you're having a safe and Happy Fourth of July holiday!

17 comments:

  1. LOVE your ATC D.....You are a master at those Distress inks!! Love Janet's too...What a fun swap glad you both got your mail!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love each one of these, Donna! Wow! So beautiful! It's nice to finally receive them from each other, I'm sure! I was paired up with Anita and because of their postal strike, we are still waiting for each others' ATC's! Happy 4th to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You girls certainly outdid yourselves on these gorgeous ATC's! Well worth the wait...I say! A Happy 4th of July, Donna! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You both did a fabulous job on these ATCs, Donna! I had the same experience when I sent a CCC card to Janet, does no one learn about geography anymore? What a special swap between two of my favorite crafters, I'm so glad you were finally able to share these.
    Happy Independence Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww Donna! Beautiful! Both your card and Janet's. Hope your having a wonderful 4th with your hubby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning, Donna. I love them all:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hoooooooooooow fun, Donna! Your ATC is GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning ATC you made, Donna! I love the set that Janet sent you, too! Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous ATC, Donna! so very pretty. and love how Janet use the image to represent sun and moon. so clever! have a happy and safe 4th of July! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful ATCs, I love how you used the liquid pearls on the bird and the colors are gorgeous! So clever of Janet to do the sun and the moon, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful ATC swaps Donna! I think you both captured the perfect sentiments and cards to give each other. Next time tell the mailman use the standup paddleboard for delivering. hehehe.. just playin'. HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your beautiful ATC, Donna, and Janet's are gorgeous, too! Wow, Hawaii to Mauritius - how fun that these little ATCs travelled all that way and made it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW... gorgeous ATCs, Donna!! You are both so creative, love all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful ATC's! Love the layers of stamping on Janets and yours is gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete