Friday, May 13, 2011

More Purple Onion cards...

Hello, friends! Thanks so much for dropping by! I wanted to share another card with Purple Onion Designs' newest release by Stephanie Ackerman.

Home Sweet Home arrived and I couldn't wait to try some paper piecing with this fun set. I pulled out the new Valise papers by Memory Box. It's a different look for Memory Box, and it's printed on kraft, so naturally, it was calling my name!


I stamped all the pieces on different sheets in the pack and assembled this little scene. I also used some washi tape from The Greeting Farm which fit perfectly as the ground and the colors matched, too. The background was stamped with Envelope Pattern from Hero Arts. I love how it gives the card some subtle texture.


Some pieces were raised on pop dots for dimension, and a bit of twine on the bottom was the finishing touch. There are several sentiments in this set. I think this card would be perfect for a housewarming, Father's Day, or just to say hello.

Hope you have a fun weekend, whatever you do!

26 comments:

  1. Love this card! The paper piecing and dimension is just great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paper piecing at it's best! Love the papers you used and the scene you created is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet, sweet, sweet!! Love what you did with these stamps, Donna! I just received my POD winnings yesterday, and made my very first card using their stamps! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet card, Donna! Love the paper piecing, and your use of the washi tapes!! Have a fabulous weekend, my friend! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. me love Valise, too!! yummy kraft base paper! love love your sweet paper pieced scene. such a beautiful card, Donna! love it! love ya, too! =) have a fabulous weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this little scene Donna. Just beautifully done

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh love this...you are such a perfect match for POD...love what ido with their stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another darling card Donna. The paper piecing is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great paper piecing Donna - I agree those stamps are just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully created, Donna! The paper piecing looks marvelous on this beauty!!
    Hugs :))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fabulous card! One of my all time fave color combos used to perfection with that heartwarming scene that you've created... love this Donna! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So nice card! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just too fun Donna! I love how happy it is!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cute card Donna! I love the paper piecing and this cute home scene! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is adorable beyond words! What a fun, whimsical set and the paper piecing is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  16. donna, i adore this sweet card! great paper piecing:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. ooooh this is so lovely and so fun! it's really a wonderful design and now i must go check out those images and papers....

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, Donna! This is gorgeous! Love the little scene you created! You did such a wonderful job with this card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is beautiful. Gr8 paper piecing Donna. Wonderful card. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow Donna this card is fabulous, I love Kraft paper and this card has a real homely feel to it. Just stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aw, I love all the patterns and colours you used here, Donna! I squinted quite a bit to see if those were paw prints. ;)

    ReplyDelete