Thursday, October 22, 2009

Randomness

Sharing a few more pics from our trip to Japan.

In Odaiba, we stopped by a Toyota showroom and they featured these colorful cars with designs that were made by school children. They had a contest and chose the winning designs and put them on little Toyotas. This one caught my eye because it was cute and must have been done by a girl.

Here's a display of a (fake) sushi tower in a restaurant window in Osaka:

Glorious Mt. Fuji, as seen from a bullet train, after Typhoon Melor passed through:


Thousands of origami cranes at a memorial for mobilized students in Hiroshima:


And.....a can of SPAM that we saw in a Tokyo supermarket, selling for 662¥! Equivalent to $7.25US.


Hope to finish up and share some cards tomorrow. Feeling a little blah today with the cloudy weather and a mild case of acid reflux. Thanks for stopping by...have a great day!

16 comments:

  1. Wow Donna, love the pictures; especially the tower of sushis..YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures. Fuji-san is so beautiful...i miss Japan dearly lived there for 6 years...TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna! My name is Amy -- I happened on your blog looking for blogs featuring Greeting Farm stamps. I just had to comment, because my husband got back from a business trip to Japan just today! He goes over twice a year or so for work. I got to go with him once and I loved it! We took the shinkansen but did not get to see Fuji-san due to the weather. So of course I must go back at some point!

    I love the car in your photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That car is so yummy!! I love Japan! Guess I'd pay that much for Spam if I couldn't get it all the time. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna what great pictures :D. I hope you are feeling so much better soon. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry to hear you're not 100% - hope it passes soon. Loved the photos... looks like an amazing trip. take care

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a WONDERFUL trip Donna! Thanks for sharing! Big giveaway over at my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures from your trip. Love that mini car! Could you imagine driving around in that?

    ReplyDelete
  9. how cute is that little Toyota? It looks so yummy to me! it just looks like ice cream melting.... lol! I think about food too much! thanks for all the fun photos! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love these great photo memories, thanks for sharing them. that little ice cream sundae car is perfect inspiration for creating some stamped goodness!
    Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that little car! Too cute! I hope you get to feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful pictures...I especially love that little car, it reminds me of Sassafras Lass paper! :)
    Hope your feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How LOVELY! I really like the photos that you shared ...as if i went on the trip along with you :) I love the car, tree, Mt. Fuji...fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, I always love to see Japan in many arts way of impression. Love the food also. Thanks for sharing , Donna and it must be a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mmmmm, I would totally eat that sushi tower! Looks like you had a great time. Did you find some goodies?

    ReplyDelete