Saturday, October 31, 2009

Himawari Babies

I've seen Himawari Babies designs used on some blogs and was always wondering who sold those stamps and where could I find them? Blogging friend Denise graciously sent me some images to play with. It turns out that she's a designer for Himawari (him'-ah-wah-ree) which means "sunflower" in Japanese.

They're images printed on good quality cardstock, already colored, and ready to be used. You can punch them out with paper punches or Nesties and affix them to a card or tag or even a scrapbook layout. How wonderfully easy is that?

Jennifer McGuire made these cards a while back and they've always been a favorite of mine. I trimmed out some images and put these together really quickly with scallop circle punches and used some Cuttlebug folders for texture.


I can see how these would make quick cards because I made these in less than 30 minutes and tucked them into goodie bags for my neighbors. Thanks, Denise, for introducing me to Himawari Babies!

17 comments:

  1. Wow ! Love the new look of your blog (love the old one, too!).These Mimawari babies are sute (that's sweet and cute combined)! You can make ANYTHING look fabulous really, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Isn't Denise the sweet and most generous lady?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna,
    They are so adorable! Great job, you need to teach me how to make this card.
    Happy Halloween!
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Donna! HAPPY HALLOWEEN! I've finally figured out how to BOOKMARK your BLOG. Now I'm in BUSINESS! YOU ARE SO CREATIVE!I LOVE your darling cards, Donna. SWEET Himawari baby images. So FUN to see some NEW images showcased. Love how you were inspired by Jennifer's, yet your look is all YOUR OWN! Now that's TALENT! Enjoy the rest of your evening. It's BED TIME in Michigan!! Love you. Love, Karen xoxoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute images and neat cards Donna... what a lovely idea for your neighbour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. dear Donna:

    Denise fwd: me your link, and I just love this Post! Thank you so much for all the kind words, and I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed making these wonderful cards. I really love the look of your cards. Wonderful! I hope you don't mind, but i will post these images in the Honeybee gallery at http://www.himawaribabies.com. I love 'em~ Sincerely, Cristina Visi

    ReplyDelete
  7. awwww..... these are so cute Donna!! Thanks for introducing me to those adorable Himawari Babies!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! Love their little outfits! These images are just too adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome cards, they're sooo cute, Donna! Congrats that they want them in their gallery, too exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are are cute! Love them!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are ADORABLE Donna. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable little babies! Love the design and the coloring is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOw, Donna...love all your Anya collections!! correct me....are all these Anya collections? they are cute cute....just like my baby and any baby in the world!

    ReplyDelete